CHICAGO. HEADQUARTERS FOR INDUSTRY.
The Chicago Market Office, established in 1989, is responsible for Chicago, Illinois; Salt Lake City, Utah and Ontario, Canada.The office is led by Tom George who has been with IDI Gazeley for 26 years.
Chicago is the nation’s largest industrial market, setting the standard for the rest of the country with an unparalleled transportation network and a reputation for sound economic development. It is the trucking capital of the U.S., with 200 truck terminals shipping goods via 10 interstate highways — the most in the country. Chicago is the only city in North America served by all six Class-One railroad companies, making it the busiest rail center in the U.S. Additionally, two of the world’s largest intermodals in the world are located in Chicago making it the fifth largest intermodal container port in the world. Ranked the best city in North America for investment and economic development, Chicago is home to 95 publicly traded companies including 33 Fortune 500 firms and has a labor force of 3.8 million people.
SALT LAKE CITY. CROSSROADS OF THE WEST.
Located on I-80 and characterized by a rich railroad history, Salt Lake City is becoming a preferred location for distribution facilities with two major cross-country highways intersecting in the city and its central location in the Western United States. It is also a key point in transportation that connects the west coast with the rest of the country through the traverse-difficult Rocky Mountains.
- MARKETS SERVED
Chicago and Salt Lake City
Lake County, Central DuPage County, Fox Valley, I-55 Corridor, I-80 Corridor, I-39/Joliet Corridor
- SQUARE FEET DEVELOPED TO DATE
- NUMBER OF BUSINESS PARKS
- 2013 BOMA/Suburban Chicago: Member of the Year - to Maggie Amaya, Director of Real Estate Management
- 2011 TIAA-CREF Four Diamond Award for Consistent Property Management – to Maggie Amaya, Director of Real Estate Management
- 2010 SIOR Industrial Largest Volume Transaction Award – Freudenberg Household Products, Build-to-Suit
- 2009 NAIOP, Industrial Build-to-Suit of the Year – Freudenberg Household Products
- 2003 BOMA TONY Award, Suburban Chicago Industrial Building of the Year – Turnberry Lakes
- 2002 NAIOP, Industrial Transaction of the Year – The Pampered Chef, Build-to-Suit
- 2002 Suburban Development of the Year, Chicago Real Estate Awards – The Pampered Chef, Build-to-Suit
- 2002 Build-to-Suit Team of the Year, Chicago Real Estate Awards – The Pampered Chef, Build-to-Suit